Sunday, March 20

Twenty Six and Pregnant*

This is an asterisk.

An asterisk is commonly used to direct to a footnote - but I feel this is something that needs to be cleared up right away and deserves a little more attention than it usually receives.

The point:

Note that there is an asterisk at the end this blog post title. 
It's there for a reason.
It's not there because I don't know if I am Twenty-Six. I am most definitely 26.
It's there because, right now, I don't know if I am Pregnant (more on this later). 

I felt that it was important to tell you this right away, as not to mislead you with the title of my blog. 

Although I do not know if I am currently Pregnant, I do hope to become pregnant this year.

A little about me...

Tomorrow will be my second wedding anniversary with my husband. This past weekend we celebrated our anniversary in Jasper, Alberta, Canada. We indulged in delicious foods, enjoyed the crisp, spring air, and spoiled ourselves with a relaxing spa massage. Now, I know this sounds luxurious, and it truly was, but this was truly a special treat for us, something we rarely do. Something I'm really glad we did.

The reason why this trip was so rare for us is that for the past three years we've been extremely focused on getting ourselves out of debt. Debt that included university degrees and living expenses, a new car, and a few non-necessities too. And now we're debt-free... at least for the time being. Right now we're in the process of saving for all those grown-up things that we've been dreaming of. We're really hoping to become homeowners in the next year-something I've really been looking forward to especially.

But the big change that we're most looking forward to is to start our own little family. We've decided that we're going to try to get pregnant!

I'm really anxious, nervous, and so completely excited!

I've decided to start this blog to share my experiences with other "To-Be" Moms and also use this as a reflection journal of my own experiences-something that someday my Family and child might enjoy.


* As a side note, an asterisk was used as a symbol to indicate a date of birth... interesting!